Learn about common styles of beer to increase your comfort and familiarity with one of the world’s oldest drinks.
- Ale. Ale is a general category of beer: You’ll find sub-categories like brown ales or pale ales.
- Lager. Lagers are a newer style of beer with two key differences from ales.
- Blonde Ale.
- Brown Ales.
- 1 How many types of beer are there?
- 2 How are beers classified?
- 3 What is the lightest type of beer?
- 4 What are the 2 types of beer?
- 5 What type of beer is Stella Artois?
- 6 Is Corona a lager?
- 7 What is the #1 beer in the world?
- 8 What is the sweetest beer?
- 9 Which beer is good in taste?
- 10 What type of beer is Blue Moon?
- 11 What type of beer is Heineken?
- 12 What type of beer is Budweiser?
- 13 What is the darkest beer?
How many types of beer are there?
There are over 100+ distinct styles of beer (over 73 different ales, more than 25 different lagers and a handful of hybrid styles) but to confuse the classification process, there are even more ways to group and/or sub-categorize beer.
How are beers classified?
The two major classifications of beer are ale and lager. Ales are fermented with top-fermenting yeasts (the yeasts float on top of the beer during fermentation), while lagers are fermented with bottom-fermenting yeasts (the yeasts sink to the bottom of the beer during fermentation).
What is the lightest type of beer?
Lagers. Lagers are often assumed to be the lightest beer option.
What are the 2 types of beer?
Types. Many beer styles are classified as one of two main types, ales and lagers, though many styles defy categorisation into such simple categories.
What type of beer is Stella Artois?
Stella Artois is an “international pilsner” beer brand currently owned by Anheuser-Busch InBev and distributed all over the world with an alcohol by volume of either 5% or 5.2% depending on the location.
Is Corona a lager?
Whatever your impression, Corona is impressive: The Mexican-born lager, named for the sun’s corona (if you didn’t know that, go back to school), began domestic distribution in 1925. Corona made its stateside debut in 1981 and has since skyrocketed to the No. 1 beer import in America.
What is the #1 beer in the world?
Budweiser was the most valued beer brand worldwide in 2021, with a worth of 16.17 billion U.S. dollars. The brand was followed by Heineken in second and Stella Artois, ranked third. Brand value is a bit of nebulous concept and different definitions exist.
What is the sweetest beer?
Whether you’re looking for fruity ales or chocolatey stouts, this list of the 21 best sweet beers has something sure to satisfy your sweet tooth.
- Rogue Chocolate Stout.
- Eagle Brewery Banana Bread Beer.
- Springdale Beer Brig Mocha Stout.
- Newcastle Brown Ale.
- Kilkenny Irish Cream Ale.
- Odyssey Beerwerks Fluffy Pumpkin Porter.
Which beer is good in taste?
1. Hoegaarden Original White. This creamy light Belgian beer contains the flavour of orange peel, coriander and spices and herbs, and is sweet with just the right amount of sour. Hoegaarden beer is one of the most well known wheat beers all over the world.
What type of beer is Blue Moon?
Blue Moon Belgian White is a Belgian-style wheat ale produced in the U.S. by MillerCoors, and in Canada by Molson Coors.
What type of beer is Heineken?
The Heineken beer is a pale lager with 5% alcohol by volume. When Henry became CEO, he focused on how to keep the beer in a constant high quality and worked on preserving the beer. The ingredients and recipe for the Heineken beer has stayed the same since it was first created.
What type of beer is Budweiser?
Budweiser is a medium-bodied, flavorful, crisp American-style lager. Brewed with the best barley malt and a blend of premium hop varieties.
What is the darkest beer?
Russian imperial stouts are the darkest beers available and they tend to be among the most alcoholic. Balancing the alcohol and the roasty flavors are a high degree of residual sugar, bitter hops and a velvety mouthfeel that ties them together.