Today Blue Moon is brewed at the RiNo Brewery in Denver and other locations throughout the world.
- 1 Who created Blue Moon beer?
- 2 What Brewing Company makes blue moon?
- 3 Why is blue moon called Belgian Moon Canada?
- 4 When did Coors buy blue moon?
- 5 Is Blue Moon a girly beer?
- 6 Are blue moons real?
- 7 What beer has the highest alcohol content?
- 8 What beer is similar to Blue Moon?
- 9 What is the best Belgian white beer?
- 10 Is Blue Moon a pilsner?
- 11 What alcohol percentage is Corona?
- 12 What alcohol percentage is Blue Moon?
- 13 Do Coors cans still turn blue?
Who created Blue Moon beer?
in brewing from the University of Brussels, our founder and head brewmaster Keith Villa returned stateside with the goal of brewing well-crafted beers inspired by Belgian styles, with a refreshing twist. Amongst the many beers one fan favorite emerged, in true baseball fashion they called it ‘Bellyslide Wit’.
What Brewing Company makes blue moon?
Blue Moon Belgian White is a Belgian-style wheat ale produced in the U.S. by MillerCoors, and in Canada by Molson Coors. This understandably confusing existence has led to lawsuits, trademark disputes, and a double identity (more on that later).
Why is blue moon called Belgian Moon Canada?
So. What happened? A spokesperson for MillerCoors told us this: “Blue Moon Belgian White is called Belgian Moon in Canada in order to differentiate ourselves from Labatt Blue beer, a lager-style brew that is widely known in the region.
When did Coors buy blue moon?
Keith Villa, a worker at the company’s Coors Field brewery in Denver, was tasked with developing a beer to compete in the emerging craft market. In 1995, Coors released the product of Villa’s labor: Blue Moon Belgian White — a cloudy wheat beer with a hint of orange.
Is Blue Moon a girly beer?
This Blue Moon Belgian White beer is brewed with white wheat, oats, coriander, and orange peel to give it a citrusy edge. It’s generally served with an orange slice to help bring out the orange citrus flavor. To conclude, this beer is definitely more a girly beer than a sharp-tasting, concentrated beer.
Are blue moons real?
Blue moons aren’t blue! Blue moons remain the same colour as any other full moon except in two rare cases. During a lunar eclipse, the Moon can turn blood red, lit only by the light that is bent around the Earth by its atmosphere onto the face of the Moon.
What beer has the highest alcohol content?
What is the strongest beer in the world by alcohol content? Brewmeister Snake Venom broke the world record for the highest alcohol content. The beer has 67.5% ABV (135 proof).
What beer is similar to Blue Moon?
If you like Blue Moon, you might like
- Stoudts Weizen. 5.0 ABV | Brewed by Stoudts Brewing Company.
- Avery White Rascal. 5.6 ABV | Brewed by Avery Brewing Company (Mahou San Miguel)
- Paulaner Hefeweizen.
- Schneider Weisse Hefe Weizen.
- Climax Hoffman Hefeweizen.
- Troegs DreamWeaver.
- Weihenstephaner Hefeweissbier.
- Magic Hat #9.
What is the best Belgian white beer?
List Of Belgian White Beers
- Shock Top Belgian White Ale. 4.6 out of 5 stars.
- Blue Moon Belgian White Belgian-Style Wheat Ale. 4.7 out of 5 stars.
- Allagash White. 4.8 out of 5 stars.
- Avery White Rascal.
- Hoegaarden Witbier Blanche.
- Wittekerke Belgian White Ale.
- Wittekerke Belgian White Ale.
- New Belgium Fat Tire Belgian White.
Is Blue Moon a pilsner?
Blue Moon Brewing Company. Belgian Table Pils is a sessionable Belgian-style pilsner brewed with mandarin orange peel and two row Moravian barley for a balanced, refreshing summertime beer.
What alcohol percentage is Corona?
This balanced, easy-drinking beer contains 3.6% alcohol by weight, 4.6% alcohol by volume, 0 grams of fat, and 149 calories per 12-ounce serving. Best served chilled.
What alcohol percentage is Blue Moon?
Full of zesty orange fruitiness, this citrus beer with 5.4% ABV boasts a creamy body and light spicy wheat aroma. Pick up a Blue Moon pack of beer anytime you or your friends need a refreshing drink.
Do Coors cans still turn blue?
Now on Coors Light bottles and cans, the iconic mountains still turn blue when the beer is cold, and in addition, a new Cold Indicator bar will turn blue at the same time.