Learn about common styles of beer to increase your comfort and familiarity with one of the world’s oldest drinks.
- Ale. Ale is a general category of beer: You’ll find sub-categories like brown ales or pale ales.
- Lager. Lagers are a newer style of beer with two key differences from ales.
- Blonde Ale.
- Brown Ales.
- 1 How many types of beer are there?
- 2 How are beers classified?
- 3 What are the 2 types of beer?
- 4 What is the most common type of beer?
- 5 What type of beer is Budweiser?
- 6 Is Corona a lager?
- 7 What type of beer is Heineken?
- 8 What type of beer is Stella Artois?
- 9 What type of beer is Blue Moon?
- 10 What is the darkest beer?
- 11 Which beer brand is best?
- 12 What is the smoothest beer?
- 13 What are the 10 best beers?
- 14 What type of beer has a light body?
How many types of beer are there?
There are over 100+ distinct styles of beer (over 73 different ales, more than 25 different lagers and a handful of hybrid styles) but to confuse the classification process, there are even more ways to group and/or sub-categorize beer.
How are beers classified?
The two major classifications of beer are ale and lager. Ales are fermented with top-fermenting yeasts (the yeasts float on top of the beer during fermentation), while lagers are fermented with bottom-fermenting yeasts (the yeasts sink to the bottom of the beer during fermentation).
What are the 2 types of beer?
Types. Many beer styles are classified as one of two main types, ales and lagers, though many styles defy categorisation into such simple categories.
What is the most common type of beer?
Lager is the most popular beer style in the world. Budweiser, Coors Light, Corona and Michelob Ultra are all lagers. These come from large beer producers, which accounts for roughly 87% of the beer marketplace in the U.S.
What type of beer is Budweiser?
Budweiser is a medium-bodied, flavorful, crisp American-style lager. Brewed with the best barley malt and a blend of premium hop varieties.
Is Corona a lager?
Whatever your impression, Corona is impressive: The Mexican-born lager, named for the sun’s corona (if you didn’t know that, go back to school), began domestic distribution in 1925. Corona made its stateside debut in 1981 and has since skyrocketed to the No. 1 beer import in America.
What type of beer is Heineken?
The Heineken beer is a pale lager with 5% alcohol by volume. When Henry became CEO, he focused on how to keep the beer in a constant high quality and worked on preserving the beer. The ingredients and recipe for the Heineken beer has stayed the same since it was first created.
What type of beer is Stella Artois?
Stella Artois is an “international pilsner” beer brand currently owned by Anheuser-Busch InBev and distributed all over the world with an alcohol by volume of either 5% or 5.2% depending on the location.
What type of beer is Blue Moon?
Blue Moon Belgian White is a Belgian-style wheat ale produced in the U.S. by MillerCoors, and in Canada by Molson Coors.
What is the darkest beer?
Russian imperial stouts are the darkest beers available and they tend to be among the most alcoholic. Balancing the alcohol and the roasty flavors are a high degree of residual sugar, bitter hops and a velvety mouthfeel that ties them together.
Which beer brand is best?
So after comprehensive research, we’ve curated a list of best beer brands available in India for the beer snob in you.
- Kingfisher. Source.
- Tuborg. Source.
- Carlsberg. Source.
- Budweiser. Source.
- Heineken. Source.
- Corona. Source.
- Bira 91. Source.
- Foster’s. Source.
What is the smoothest beer?
These are 10 of the best tasting beers—sample a few and try claiming that beer is still the worst.
- Corona with a Lime. PIN IT.
- Abita Purple Haze.
- Leinenkugel’s Summer Shandy.
- Bud Light Lime.
- Shock Top.
- Landshark IPA.
- Blue Moon.
- Abita Strawberry Lager.
What are the 10 best beers?
Here are their picks.
- Firestone Walker Pivo Hoppy Pils. SHOP AT DRIZLY.
- Great Lakes Dortmunder Gold Lager. Great Lakes Brewing Co.
- Oskar Blues Dale’s Pale Ale. Oskar Blues.
- Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. Sierra Nevada.
- Bell’s Two Hearted Ale IPA.
- Sierra Nevada Hazy Little Thing IPA.
- Lagunitas DayTime IPA.
- Orval Trappist Ale.
What type of beer has a light body?
A light beer is described as light-bodied, an India Pale Ale is considered medium-bodied, and a Doppelbock is full-bodied. Higher carbonation levels help clear the palate and create the impression of a lighter-bodied beer.